Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Blog:1 the Allegory of the cave

From My point of view i believe the cave is like the matrix. There are always people trying to hide what’s really going. In the cave people didn’t know anything else than what Plato/Socrates wanted them to see. Socrates cave to me is another word for our Government today. I believe the government only shows what is convenient to them.

At this point of my life i believe I’m between being chained up and walking out into the light. Like in Socrates cave the prisoner’s didnt know past what was inside the cave. In Socrates cave the people only see the shadows being casted on the blank wall, i feel like My parents are the ones casting the shadows showing me what reality is going to be like until I can stand on my own.
For me I haven’t got the real full effect of what the real world is. When the prisoners walk out into the light they get a taste of what the real world is. At the age of 17 I’m getting a taste of what i have in store for me in the future. I say I’ve only got a little taste because i really don’t have any major responsibilities like car insurance, rent, or my phone bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment